The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

¿SWEAT? day? These Acronyms are getting awful...

Whew or Whoops is better than Sweat...

Here's mine for this week. It's not an Omega, but it still is a very interesting watch...

Here's an Automatic Chronograph with a movement that's not a Lemania, nor Valjoux, micro-rotor, ETA, or Rolex or even a Zenith but was made for a few short years before going out of production:

Here is the seller's description:

Extremely rare Nivada automatic chronograph in a 36mm x 44mm SS case with 20mm lugs..powered by the rare and unusual KTBD movement, the following information describes the incredible technology of this movement

1974 saw another interesting addition to the world of automatic chronographs: Kelek presented their caliber D.B.K. 1369. With a diameter of only 11 lines (24.81 mm) and a height of 7.6 mm, this 21-jewel movement held the record as the smallest automatic chronograph for a very long time. The rather uncommon positions of the date indication and the 30-minute- and 6-hour-recorders were a "trademark" of this caliber; another watch from this era which was made by Minerva also used the Dubois-Dépraz TDBK 1369 and had the same layout of the dial as the Kelek watch. Remember that there was - and is - a very close cooperation between Kelek and Dubois-Dépraz; D-D produces some movements exclusively for Kelek, others are also available to other companies.

Watch is in working condition and chronograph functions start stop and reset properly. No service history and it has not been timed or regulated. Sold as-is. Please email your questions...

Personally, I think it's a handsome piece for such an unusual item. The combination of Black and Gray is very attractive and almost business-like. Seeing what it sold for, I wish I had seriously bid on it.

What do you think?

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Messages In This Thread

¿SWEAT? day? These Acronyms are getting awful...
Re: ¿SWEAT? day? These Acronyms are getting awful.
Re: ¿SWEAT? day? These Acronyms are getting awful.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE