The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: 2254.50 - Clunking noise
In Response To: Re: 2254.50 - Clunking noise ()

: Are you sure that it's not the winding rotor
: noise?
: If it's the rotor, then it's perfectly normal.

are you sure this is ok? isnt it because the rotor came loose? I found a guy from UK with similar problem. This is what he posted on one of the omega forums:
fter purchasing an Omega seamaster professional from an authorised dealer here in the UK I expected an excellent watch which would last me for years, backed by what I thought was a good company. This watch costing rrp 1100 pounds started to make an audible and clonking noise like the automatic winding mechanism had become loose within 4 weeks of purchase. It was returned to Omega who kept it for 3 weeks, returned it to the dealership and it sounded the same as it had been sent away. The dealer told me it does not sound right and would return it again. I wrote to Omega expressing my concern that they did not seem to fix it and hoped this time they woiuld ensure they fixed it properly, I gave them full details of the watch. I have never received a reply from them, even a courtesy letter. Another 3 weeks later I have received the watch - it still clonks audibly not in the plane of the automatic winding mechanism. They have not fixed this properly. I think this is discusting that Omega clearly do not care and neither do they have the compentency to do what is necessary to fix this watch. I will be trying to get my money back and urge you not to consider buying an Omega watch - for despite the fact the watches can be well built, it appears, at least in the UK you will not be getting any care from Omega

i rarely take mine off so it was the first time ive heard this noise.

Messages In This Thread

2254.50 - Clunking noise
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE