The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: My first Connie *PICS*
In Response To: My first Connie *PICS* ()

I'm not sure where you could go to get the sweater restored, but I think you have a number of options re the watch :)

It does indeed look like an early 1000 series calendar with cushion case (or as some describe it a TV dial) I think the dial is pretty degraded.

It depends on which options appeal. You could get a local Omega agent to send the watch to Bienne and get a complete overhaul. Ive heard of some great successes and indeed great disasters in following this option - whichever way, its probably the most expensive of your options IMO.

If you know a good local watchmaker who has worked extensively with Omegas, and who has the latest service bulletins on this model, you could try having the movement serviced (and overhauled if necessary)and a replacement dial fitted.

Swatch has parts centres all over the world (Some more efficient and reliable than others) and your local agent or watchmaker may be able to obtain a new genuine dial.

The other option is that there are a lot of these models out there with reasonably good dials that are sitting in drawers as parts watches. They can be picked up quite cheap. The early 1000 calibres were precocious if not serviced within the prescribed periods and thats another option. Get one to use for parts and swap dials.

It could also be a 1011 as Ive seen the same case style powered by 1011s.

Good luck and regards

Desmond
:

Here you go Desmond. Hope this works, as never
: posted pics before! Sorry about the rubbish
: photography, but it shows the colouration
: fairly well. It looks more yellowy in the
: flesh though (first pic is closest). Also a
: big sorry if the pictures aren't small
: enough - still learning! I think it's from
: 1969 with a Cal. 1001 movement (only model I
: can find that's similiar on the web). The
: sweater is photographers own. :)

:

:

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE