The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: laether strap for seamaster

: Hi all,
: I have just brought an Omega seamaster
: 2254.50.00 black dial.
: Although the strap is fantastic etc and I love
: the watch, I would like a nice leather strap
: to go on it too.
: I've spoken to Earnest Jones jewlers and they
: said the only one Omega makes for my watch
: is a croc at over £230, thats fine but I've
: only been married 5 weeks and I'd like to
: stay that way, I'm not the most popular
: person in the world as it is after spending
: MY money on a watch not a rug or dish
: washer!!
: Is there a cheaper or another omega strap that
: will look nice.
: I'm sure I'm not the first man out there thats
: had this exact same "problem"

: Thanks

: David

I suspect that price included the Omega factory deployant buckle, which fits Omega's premium alligator straps. Most straps cost around $200 US, and the buckle is about another $200. 230 UK pounds sounds outgrageous just for the strap alone.

Basically, any 20mm strap will fit your watch, and there are lots of online shops you can look at (including ebay). You can save money by using a generic tang buckle rather than paying for a deployant buckle, though aftermarket deployants can be had for far less than the $200 Omega charges. I've seen some really nice ones for sale in the $75 range.

In some instances, animal skin straps can't be shipped from one country to another, so I think your best bet is to do a google search to find some online shops in the UK that sell watch straps. Also check out ebay, as there are some good buys there as well. You just have to be sure to get a 20mm strap, since this is the width of the strap at the lugs of the 2254.50.

Good luck,
John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE