The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Seamaster or not?
In Response To: Seamaster or not? ()

: Hi everyone!

: After owning a Rolex GMT II for three weeks I'm
: considering flipping it because I can't get
: the damn thing comfortable on my wrist. The
: bracelet's either too tight or too loose
: depending on skin temperature, irrespective
: of bracelet fine tuning! I don't really want
: to modify the bracelet hence my question...

: So, I'm thinking of a Seamaster, probably a
: diver's chronometer but wondered if the 41mm
: case is a little too big for my
: small(ish!!!)6.5" wrist? I've been
: wearing a 40mm TAG for years but the
: Seamaster bracelet's SEL's look as if they
: increase the size considerably. I haven't
: had a chance to try one on yet so any views
: would be gratefully received.

: Thanks in advance.

I was a little concered when purchasing the seamaster diver chronometer due to its 41mm size and its thickness. I had tried the watch on for a few moments at the store and it was fine but I was still concerened how it would wear day in and day out. After owning the watch for three months now I have no complaints whatsoever. The bracelet is comfortable and does not pull on my skin or hair. The watch wears much smaller than I anticipated. It really has been fantastic watch to own. I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster or not?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE