The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

experience with repair done by Omega in Bienne

Hallo all, I am new in this interesting and informative forum about Omega watches. I am a watch collector too. My experience with repair and revisions done by Omega in Bienne can be called 'not satisfying'. The major issues are: chronometers not being adjusted within the official tolerances, there are always tiny particles/dusts left behind on the dial and the inside of the crystal, if the watch is equipped with a tachymeter bezel the bezel is not aligned well afterwards on the case. I have refused to accept the repair as done and have the watches re-send to Omega in different occassions. If Omega can build clean new watches, then it should not be a problem to deliver a clean (no dusts on dial, very annoying) watch back to the customer after repair. Also it should not be an impossible task for Omega to have the watch adjusted within chronometer daily rate tolerances. But these issues keeps on showing up every time. It seems like that Omega in Bienne is not taking the repair and after sale services as seriously as their focus on building and selling new watches. Last year I bought an Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow with cal. 3303. After a month I have noticed that the minute counter of the chrono stopped counting while chrono was engaged. The watch was sent to Omega in Bienne under warranty. After 5 month the watch came back with a lot of dust on the dial and the tachymeter was fitted with the 60 mark between 11 and 12 o'clock. These was what I was afraid and anticipating because of my previous experiences. I thought: "oh my god, what a poor job again. Can they improve their performance of their repair department after all these years?". The watch was sent back to them again. Another 5 months waiting. What are your experiences?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE