The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Not really so unknown... In fact...
In Response To: A unknow model *PIC* ()

A unknow model *PIC*

Posted By: Sneakdog

Date: 9/11/07 01:00 GMT

Is anyone can tell me what is this model? I intend to buy it from the second hand market, but I not sure is this the authentic Omega watch. Pls provide the info. if you know, thanks.

This is not so much an unknown model... I own one and in fact I have done a bit of a write up on this product line [which is a bit of an "In Progress" effort I'm afraid]:
Omega Speedmaster c.1045 In Detail: 176.0014/376.0804 'TV Dial'...

The 176.0014 was offered with two different styles of bracelet, the "Bar" bracelet like the example you show, and what I call the "Link" bracelet. Personally I prefer the Bar, although I own an example of both.

In addition, the 176.0014 was offered with two different styles of dials: a Matte-Black finish dial [which I personally am more partial to] and a "Sunburst" dial, like on the example you have posted the picture of. My Bar Bracelet model has the Matte Dial, whilst my Link VBracelet example sports the Sunburst dial. I've seen many examples with various combinations of either dial and either bracelet to believe that Omega sold them in each possible combination.

As for the authenticity of the example you included the picture of... It's very difficult to determine authenticity based on one picture, but I do not see any Red Flags in what litte I can see with that scan. If you'd post more pictures, I'd be happy to look and comment.

As for the model of watch. I personally prefer the Round Dial Tonneau cased model of this watch 176.0015 [oh, and the Grail too] to the 176.0014,

but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I really did like the TV Dial models when I obtained them. This was a GREAT line of watches Omega made back in the day, and it's a double damn dirty shame that they no longer make these models!

I hope this is helpful. Cheers and Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Messages In This Thread

A unknow model *PIC*
Not really so unknown... In fact...
Re: Not really so unknown... In fact...
Re: A unknow model *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE