The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: I emailed this to Omega in Bienne Switzerland,

: TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS EMAIL.
: I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH "RUN
: AROUNDS" WITH THE OMEGA A.D. and OMEGA
: USA.

: Hi, Miss Jacober. I have a problem... I am
: aware that omega has a "USA"
: division, but! they seem to be very lazy and
: tend to give people the run around when they
: don't want to answer questions, on that
: note!... I have a problem with my purchase
: of a so called "NEW" omega
: seamaster model 2254. serial# 813***** I
: don't know if you remember my last email
: concerning my new purchases of 2
: "NEW" omega watches, one of them
: being this watch the 2254. seamaster with no
: "Pictogram" or
: "Chronometer" cards. I don't know
: if I'm understanding this right??? but, do
: all "New" seamaster watches come
: from the "FACTORY" with the
: Pictogram and Chronometer cards in the box
: already printed filled in with the watches
: information, like serial number, model
: number, calibre number etc... etc...???
: because, I was told by the dealer that all
: the omega watch boxes are generic and they
: get the watches and cards in "different
: packages" where "they"
: "the dealer" fill out the
: information of the watch the Pictogram,
: Chronometer, and International warranty
: cards etc.. I am highly emphasizing on this
: subject because, I think I have a so called
: PRE-owned watch or a damage watch that was
: fixed, and as advertised as a
: "NEW" never worn watch. I say this
: because I was examining my seamaster today
: and I found what I thought was a scratch or
: a crack on the crystal face, I then checked
: it very close with a magnifying glass and
: found it was not a scratch or a crack, but!
: it was some kind of "lint" or
: "string" in between the crystals.
: So, now Im wondering if the watch did not
: come with the pictogram and chronometer
: cards is it because the watch was Pre-owned
: being sold as a "NEW" watch! or
: did someone open the face of the watch???
: thank you! and hope that you can help me in
: this matter, because the authorized omega
: dealer can not. Thank you! have a wonderful
: day! = )

If you truly bought this watch NEW from an AD, then there is no reason in the world why your AD should not be willing to exchange the watch for you. If you bought it on some kind of "closeout sale" where they made it clear to you that it was an "as-is" purchase, then you're stuck. Otherwise, you are entitled to a pristine condition watch with ALL 3 cards properly filled out. If you did not get that, what you need to say in your e-mail to Bienne is that you are unwilling to accept this watch and demand a replacement. You are asking them questions in your letter, but I wouldn't even bother with this. I would simply state all of the problems with the watch (dust on dial, lack of cards, etc.) and then tell them that your AD (provide the name, of course) refuses to exchange the watch for you. Ask them to contact your AD and, again, tell them that you will accept nothing less than an exchange for a new watch. If you paid for a new watch, then that's what you are entitled to, period.

Better yet - write the letter and then take it to your AD. Tell them that unless they get you a new watch, this letter will be going to Omega. Your AD probably won't want Omega to receive any complaints about them, so they may be willing to exchange the watch once they know that you aren't going to drop this and will be a real troublemaker for them until they address this problem.

Good luck,
John

Messages In This Thread

I emailed this to Omega in Bienne Switzerland,
Re: I emailed this to Omega in Bienne Switzerland,
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE