The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Glad To Hear It...
In Response To: thanks john & david! ()

: i went back to the AD and told him in a very
: nice way that i contacted omega about the
: cards & the lint, and that they replied
: back an saying that i probably had a
: preowned watch or someone opened the watch
: etc.. he started feeding me bull about, oh!
: its omega trying to use "scare
: tactics" and pointing the finger at us
: the AD, blah, blah, blah, like a true
: salesman covering his own ass. long story
: short he took the watch back and said i'll
: get you a new one and this time it will be
: sealed with cards and all. whatever makes
: you happy! LOL! then he opened the omega
: catalog and said so, you still want the
: planet ocean 2900. i'll order you one right
: now! sealed with all the paperwork. I
: thought that was funny. soooo... i'm
: thinking about it. he'll even throw in a
: extra rubber strap. what do you think!
: 2900.51.82, 2900.50.81 or 2908.50.82 thanks
: guys!

I'm REALLY glad they took care of you, even though it took quite a bit of prodding on your part. As for buying the Planet Ocean and getting the free strap, you're saving about $200 by getting the strap for free. If you aren't getting any discount on the watch itself (or only a very small one such as 10-20%), then it may be better to use the forum's favorite AD. I'll send you his contact information if you'd like. Just send me an e-mail at the address above.

-John

Messages In This Thread

thanks john & david!
Glad To Hear It...
Re: Glad To Hear It...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE