The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Experience from an AD

Hi everyone.

I posted on Sunday for a loose bezel and a misaligned minute hand on my Bond Chrono. See

http://chronocentric.com/forums/omega/index.cgi?read=47473

As it turned out, I had to go to AD and ask for either a new watch or a full refund. Here I narrate my experience:

Knowing that the minute hand wasn't aligned correctly, I went today (Monday) to AD to check it out. After explaining him the situation, he stated that these hands are manually putted in position, so thats why the minute hand had a tilt. I said that, talking about quality watches like Omega, these imperfections shouldn't exist. Then I asked for a new watch.

Dealer was so calm that he picked up a totally new watch with its blank warranty card, he signed the new warranty, swap papers (certificate and pictograms) with the new ones and he gave me the watch.

From my point of view, this is what I call SERVICE. Its just terrific. From the point of view of a new customer although, I don't think its such a roseate situation because AD will sell this watch like new (because he believes so). Unless he will send the watch back to Omega for repair. What do you think?

Furthermore, there was a little girl inside the shop (about 26). She gave me the impression that she lives in her own world. That we (us the customers) know nothing about watches and she knows everything. She said: "The watch is fine, we won't go to Omega and look every watch we take". Well, we won't come to you and spend our money little girl, without having done our homework first. When you will come to maturity, call me back to talk again.

My new Omega is fine and I simply love it. By the way, the picture at Omega's site, damnifies this watch. Its much more beautiful if you see it real.

Specially thanks for Chuck for his awesome recommendations. Thank you Chuck.

Regards,
Grigoris

Messages In This Thread

Experience from an AD
Good to hear everything worked out...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE