The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Warranty Card / Chronometer Certificate

: Hi Guys

: Just got my AT (2503.50) today from the forum
: favorite AD. I have two questions;

: 1) The warranty card had some missing info. The
: Ref #, Watch # and Date are all blank. Only
: the AD's name is on the card. Is this a
: problem? Is this something that I should
: write on the card?

No problem at all. Many AD's leave this information blank in case the watch turns out to be defective shortly after purchase. By leaving the card blank, they can just take the watch back and give you a replacement. The old one goes back as defective and the AD gets full credit. Once the card is filled in, the AD has to pay for a new card if he agrees to take the watch back. So, my advice would be to keep the watch a few weeks to make sure it is running okay, and then if you want the COSC certificate (see below), fill in the info on the card yourself with a ball-point pen. This info is typically written in by hand from the AD, anyway.

: 2) I got the Chronometer Certificate with the
: watch. Is this the only certificate, I've
: read about having to have one sent to you.
: Is there something else that I should have
: Omega send to me, or is this it?

You received the chronometer certificate card with your watch, not the certificate itself. To get the certificate, take a scan or digital picture of your completed warranty card, attach the picture to an e-mail, and send the e-mail to aftersales@omega.ch with your name and shipping address. Tell them that you are requesting the COSC certificate for model number X and serial number X. They will usually send you the certificate from Switzerland within a few weeks.

Messages In This Thread

Warranty Card / Chronometer Certificate
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE