The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Planet Ocean Vs Bond model
In Response To: Planet Ocean Vs Bond model ()

: Hi,

: A question to experts here. Can somebody
: enlighten about the pros and cons of these
: two models (2220.80.00 and 2201.50.00). I am
: debating which one to buy. Any help would be
: much appreciated?

: Thanks
: Ray

Well, the choice between these two is purely personal preference. The 2220.80 is the updated "Bond" version, and is only available in blue. The 2201.50 is the 42mm Planet Ocean, currently only available in black-faced variants. So,between the two, is really the choice of black face vs blue face, whichever you prefer. There is also a retail price difference of about 300 bucks.

As to the nuts and bolts, there is not much difference between the two. They both have the caliber 2500C, which is the coaxial upgrade to the 1120. They both are around 42mm, and there are subtle differences between the bracelets. The only real difference is that the Planet ocean has 600m water resistance, while the Bond only has 300. Not sure that the additional water resistance is worth $300.

The Planet ocean is also available with an orange bezel, and has a dial version with red-orange numbers, and is also available in a 45mm version. The bond is only available with the blue dial and 42mm and smaller versions. The hands are also slightly different.

I can't speak for the bond model, but I do own the Planet ocean. It is an exceptional watch and a soon to be classic. I also prefer the bracelet because it is all brushed. This makes it easier to buff out small scratches. If you like the all black look, this is the watch for you. It looks super on the bracelet.

Like I said before, its purely a personal choice. Have you also looked at the 2254.50? It has the bond style bezel, but is all black. It is being discontinued, but is still available. It has the caliber 1120, which is the precursor to the caliber 2500.

Messages In This Thread

Planet Ocean Vs Bond model
Re: Planet Ocean Vs Bond model
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE