The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A constellation of Constellations, quartz style

Introducing . . . the YG cal 1510! It's yet another watch that's perfect for watching "Brady Bunch" reruns.

The contrast between the blue dial, the yellow gold elements (the case, the yellow flecks in the dial material, the yellowish hands), and the red elements (the Omega logo and date wheel background) truly are a winning combination. The dial on this watch has tremendous color and depth that proved too elusive for me to capture in a still photo, even though I'm pretty happy with the pics.

Yeah, this is my most pimped-out watch, and it looks ridiculous on my 6" wrist. But I love it anyway!

Because of my wrist size, I had to remove a link on the gold bracelet that really belongs there, so the underside looks a bit odd. [Actually, I had to remove all the removable links to size the bracelet.]

Interestingly, the gold bracelet has less of a taper than the steel one, making the gold bracelet even more massive. You can see this most clearly when looking at the links closest to the watch case. The largest links on the gold bracelet are actually a bit wider than the case itself.

If I could consistently take glare-free photos, you'd really be able to see how cool these sparkling blue aventurine dials are. They look unrealistically dull in the next photo due to the glare, although Photoshop helped a bit. The yellow gold dial has gold flecks, and the steel one has silver flecks. The really do look a lot like the night sky on a clear evening!

A few more pics:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE