The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

What about the warranty??
In Response To: Omega Seamaster ()

: So, I bought a Seamaster from
: authenticwatches.com less then 2 years ago,
: about 16 months after getting it, it began
: to gain an hour aday. I finally shipped it
: back to them and they tell me it needs an
: overhaul and will be $175. They tell me its
: quit normal. Has anyone else had to get an
: overhual on a watch after having it for 16
: months? It was supposed to be brand new.

First of all, Authenticwatches is a grey market dealer. Not to beat you up over this, but buying things from a non AD is risky business. Yeah, the price may have been great, but many times grey market dealers are selling watches of "dubious" origin. Your watch may have been a warranty return to a dealer who decided to move it to the grey market, or simply it could have been sitting around a dealer's shelf for years before it was sold to you. All Omega's come with a two year mfg warranty. Did the grey market dealer not offer at least the same warranty?

If I were you, i would take to a local watchmaker if you don't have any kind of warranty from Omega. Preferably one who is Rolex Certified, as they will probably be the most qualified to work on your Omega. The watch probably does not need an overhaul, but it most certainly needs regulation, a $50-$100 charge from any decent watchmaker. Gaining an hour a day may mean the watch may be magnetized. In which case, its a $15-$20 fix, but you won't know until you take it in for a look see.

Next time, buy from an AD. There are many around that will sell at or near what a grey market dealer will sell for. The two-three year factory warranty is nice to have, along with the knowledge that you bought a legitimate watch. IN your case, maybe the $175 cost is still better than the AD price you might have gotten, so consider yourself lucky that this might be the extent of the cost.

Messages In This Thread

Omega Seamaster
What about the warranty??
16 month Omega Needs Overhaul?!?!?!?!?!?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE