The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Thanks for posting that & a couple of thoughts..

Hi Pascal,

I'd like to add my voice to the guys here thanking you for doing this work.

Isn't it amazing HOW MANY have appeared since Omegamania. I'm sure Sam knows a lot more about this, but my gut feeling is that in a "Normal" world, if the number of watches being offered increases, as this chart shows, the prices tend to drop.

Now I see a drop in the prices, but as you say, the entry price is still higher than before Omegamania. I think if this many watches had been offered in this time period & WITHOUT Omegamania the price would would be much LOWER than it currently is.

I think that Omegamania has changed the values of Omegas for ever. ( & hats off to the masterminds behind it - that was it's aim ).

The first watch listed is at 3610 Euros ( 4677 Dollars ) & almost the last watch is 3554 Euros ( 5269 Dollars ). So that's a Euro price difference of about MINUS 60 Euros & a Dollar difference of about PLUS 600 !!!
The exchange rate must also be playing a factor here. I'm sure there are a lot of potential dollar Customers out there who are waiting/hoping for better exchange rates.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE