The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Gentlem, would this be 30T2 caliber ?

I think that whole period around WW2 is a big mess and will be tough to figure out. For example, even though Omegas states that the 30T2 was changed to shock resist in 1943 - there are plenty of 30T2 movement with number from 1944 that still have the old balance jewel system. Case in point - the MoD WWW Omegas- had a 30T2 movement, mine and many other examples I have seen dating from 1944 and they are not shock protected.

As far as the plating goes - I have a 30T2 with a 102XXXXX number that is not plated and one with a 105XXXXX that is plated. Based on this I would estimate that the 30T2 got the new plating sometime during 1944-45...

: How about the copper plating? I have a 1943 30
: T2 without copper plating. I know the 30 T2
: rgs were the first to get it, but don't know
: the date.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE