The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

sudden time loss

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am the proud owner of an Omega Seamaster professional calibre 2500 co-axial that I bought from an AD in May 2007. Since then the watch has run at incerdible accuracy gaining about 1 second a day only. However on 2 occasions there has been a problem:

In late december I noticed one day that the watch was 90 minutes late. I always wear the watch (usually night time as well) but on this occasion I had taken it off for about 3 hours. I reset it and subsequently it run to the same accuracy as before until 2 days ago.

Again after taking it off for 2 hours or so noticed the watch was 45 minutes late (I know as a fact it was right on time a few hours earlier). I reset it to the correct time and monitored it but noticed it was losing 2 minutes an hour. I decided to manually rewind it (about 15 turns before I hear the click) and since then it has been running beautifuly.

What could be the problem? It seems that on both occasions the watch was low on 'energy' since once rewind it run perfectly. But these watches are supposed to have a 44 hour store of energy? I repeat that I rarely take the watck off my wrist. I am not the most active person in the world (I drive to work, have an office job, do not exercise) but I dont think the watch should be low on energy because of that?

Please advise what you think.

Many thanks

Tom

Messages In This Thread

sudden time loss
Re: sudden time loss
Re: sudden time loss
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE