The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Big Bond
In Response To: Big Bond ()

: Everyone is telling me to go with the full size
: Bond model with my 6 1/2 inch wrist.I tried
: the watch on today at Torneau Corner in New
: York City.The watch appears to take up a
: good portion of my wrist.Is that the way it
: is supposed to fit?Is it too big? Anyone
: with input please help me.I have been
: pondering this for quite some time and
: cannot make up my mind!
: The mid size appears to be a bit to small
: however it looks better on my wrist.The
: large just LOOKS better.Please help.Thank
: you

One year ago, I went through your dilemma EXACTLY! Like you, I tried on the full size SM Pro at Tourneau (only it was in Costa Mesa). I have a 7" wrist and stand about 5' 7". As soon as I put on the full size Bond, my wife started laughing. She said, "that watch is way too big for your wrist. Why do you want such a big, klunky looking watch?" After trying on the mid-size, she admitted that it looked much better (and I reluctantly agreed). Ultimately, I bought the mid size. Now that a year has passed, I don't regret for a second my decision. As I look back on it, the reasons for getting the full size were not rational: it's exactly what Bond wears, it's the "mens" size (vs. the "ladies" size), it's supposed to look big and flashy, etc, etc. At the end of the day, I bought the mid-size because it didn't stand out and shout "look at me" like the full size did. It isn't as heavy as the full size and overall, it just looks better for the size of my wrist and hand.

I love the Omega SM Pro and don't let anyone tell you that buying the mid size is buying a ladies watch!

Best of luck.

TG

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE