The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: So What in the World is this Crazy, Crazy Looking Thing

: I don't think that I have ever seen this one. How about you?

: Jeff

:
:

Lot 126 in Omegamania

Omega, “Seamaster 200”, No. 30711222, Ref. ST 166.0068. Sold on September 26, 1977. Delivered to the French Service hydrographique et océanographique de la marine. Fine and very rare, cushion-shaped, center seconds, self-winding, stainless steel professional diver`s wristwatch with date, revolving bicolored bezel and a stainless steel buckle. The back engraved “S.H.- 24”. This watch is sold with a box, Certificate of Authenticity and 2-year Omega guarantee. Property of a French Gentleman

From the OVD

Seamaster
Diver watch
Reference
ST 166.068

International collection

Movement
Type: Automatic (mechanical)
Caliber number: 565
Created in 1965
24 jewels
Central sweep-second hand

Functions
Date

Case
Stainless steel

Case back
Screw-in
Full metal
Dial
Grey with yellow center, with luminous hour markers and luminous hands.

Crystal
Mineral

Bracelet
Stainless steel

Water resistance
200 meters

More product information
Case : 41 x 39 mm, screw-in crown, with SS bracelet of ref. 1170/631 or corfam strap of 22 mm lug-size.
International Collection : 1969-1976
Swiss retail price (1971) : 495.- (on corfam strap)
Later replaced by ref. ST 166.0088

Sam aka Hewybaby

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE