The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Fair price for this Constellation watch *LINK*

Looks a very tidy 505 with a good dial. Movement looks excellent and with box and papers it would have to be an uncommon ensemble. Gold capping is excellent and the medallion and case back shows very little wear at all.

I think you could justifiably start the asking price at USD 1150 plus.

I would be inclined to list it on some of the major sales forums including this one and perhaps the other big names in watch forums. With a watch like this eBay may not generate its real value. Brick and Mortar price for this watch IMO would be around the 1850 mark, judging of what Ive seen recently in my OS travels.

Good luck with your sale.

Regards

Desmond

: Hi, I need some money, so I am going to sell my loved Omega
: constellation 1957

: This is a 505 movement 24 jewels, case 2852, serial 15.383.441. It
: has original outer box, inner box, warranty anr accuracy
: certification.

: Could anybody suggest me a fair price for this watch? Probably I am
: going to list it on Ebay (it is difficult for me to calculate
: the real value)

: http://reloj.omega.googlepages.com/constellation505year1957

: Sorry for this strange question

: Regards

: Manuel

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE