The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Ladies Seamaster Diver Repair Question

I recently had the battery in my 8-year old Seamaster Diver replaced. I took it to an authorized dealer (though not where I bought it)who sent it out. About a week after I got it back, I dropped it as I was taking it out of my gym bag. If fell flat on its face from about 8-12 inches up onto a ceramic tile floor. Yeh, I know, Doh! Later that day, I noticed the hour hand was no longer rotating, though the minute and second hand were fine. I brought it back to the store I purchased it from who sent it out to an Omega service center for repair. He quoted about $570, which includes replacing the hands and stem, perhaps crown, etc. I have a few questions:
1.) The watch didn't take a big shock from the fall, should I suspect a poor battery change job as partly to blame?
2.) Does that repair estimate seem appropriate, or out of line? Omega's own web site shows Cfr310 (about $270) if I send it to their factory in Switzerland for full servicing (which includes replacement of any damaged parts).
3.) Are all Omega authorized service centers the same, or are there any that have particularly reasonable prices and don't pad their estimates with potentially unnecessary replacement parts? Who do you recommend?

Messages In This Thread

Ladies Seamaster Diver Repair Question
That seems way too high
Re: That seems way too high
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE