The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Any pocket watch people here? Yes, a little bit . ..
In Response To: Any pocket watch people here? ()

: Im getting more and more interested in owning one of these, but the
: OVD does not seem to have much infor regarding these, unless Im
: not doing the right search? How does this one look? TIA

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220340559765
Yes, I have picked up a few . . .

1904 Hunter cased calibre 19'" NN L , the original Omega calibre, from the year the company was renamed Omega (OK it was 1903, but it was as close as I could get), gold fill case, grade DD I am told, the next to highest quality (DDR was the best, A the lowest quality)

check out the regulation mechanism

1913 pocket chronograph calibre 19'" CHRO L in silver case

1917 calibre 17'" NN LX in gold fill

1919 calibre 17'" NN LX in white gold (same movement, different case and face)

The OVD is indeed relatively short on information, because it is primarily designed around model numbers, which were not used until the mid-1940s. However, the serial numbers used are the same, and prior to the mid-1930s the case numbers (of Omega cases) are often more helpful. [Would not apply to Wadsworth cases](Omega ceased using case numbers for steel cases in about 1939 and for gold in about 1957, so only collectors of pre-WWII Omegas pay much attention to them.)

Your watch (your target?) appears to be a late 1940s style and the serial number is consistent with that date, remembering of course that WWII disrupted Omega's production and operations somewhat . . .

All of Omega's pocket watch movements pretty much looked the same (with the exception of the 17'" LX movements above. The original Omega movement (like the 19'" above was made in about a dozen sizes . . .

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE