The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega wristwatch identification

First, welcome to the forum

Second, a photo of the face of the watch, the movement and the inside of the caseback would help immensely

: Omega Identification:

: I have an Omega Oblong Winding watch I got for my 21 st birthday I
: am now 65......so about 44 years old.

Thus about 1966

: Inside the Case on the Stainless steel base it says:

: Lunette
: palque or G 20 microns
: Fond Acier inoxydable
: ...the "CB" type code in a box

Lunette is the French term for round, perhaps in this instance referring to the movement since the watch case apparently is not

I suspect the actual term is "plaque"; the phrase means Gold ("or") plated with 20 microns

The next phrase is "stainless steel", indicating the non-plated portion is steel.

"CB" is a reference to the case maker; at that time Omega used several

: underneath is a stamp 111.016

This is the model/case number

Omega has an onine database, which is a free registration to use. As you have to sign in to use the database, I cannot directly link you to the page, which includes a photo.

http://62.73.172.167/cu_vintage/main.php

Here is text on that page

De Ville
Gents' leather strap
Reference
MD 111.0016

International collection

Movement
Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
Caliber number: 620
Superflat
Created in 1960
17 jewels
Case
Gold-plated

Case back
Press-in
Full metal
Dial
With gold hour markers and "stick" hands.

Crystal
Hesalite

Bracelet
Leather

Water resistance
No

This watch may have existed with different dials.
More product information
Case : rectangle ( 22,6 x 34,5 mm), 14K yellow gold-plated (20 mic.) with SS case back.
For leather straps of 18 mm lug-size
International Collection : 1962-1972
Swiss retail price (1967) : CHF 225.-
Also available in pink gold-plated (ME 111.016, CHF 225.-) and in stainless steel (ST 111.016, CHF 215.-).
Later replaced by ref. 111.096
Similar watch style in 18K solid gold = BA or BB 111.078
JLM

The movement is indeed a round calibre 620.

The case description is of a gold plated front and stainless steel back.

The retail price would have been about US$60, perhaps a bit more, with the fixed exchange rates at that time.

: ...also sort of "scratched" into the Stainless Steel is
: (I think) 14356 TS

I suspect this is a watchmaker's service mark

: On the back of the movement it has:

: - within the Omega Symbol there is a "2" and below 620
: then other writings are....
: - seventeen jewels
: -adjusted (2) positions
: - and on top left in very small writing a number I think:
: "22324639"
: I am going to have it serviced...winder does not work..............

This is an indication of the calibre 620; the 2 I am uncertain of its meaning, but have seen similar markings in the past

The 22 million number is the movement (and watch) serial number, which roughly shows a production date of 1965-1966, consistent with your purchase date.

: It has a leather band but originally may have had a metal
: band.........

The Omega vintage database shows the watch was sold with a leather band, but a metal bracelet could indeed have been added.

: The dial appears mother of pearl and there is no numbers just gold
: stripes the hour 12 having two stripes.

Possible that it is MOP, although a 1964 Seamaster Deville I have has a wonderfully preserved dial which is merely painted with fine MOP particles and has a striking appearance. I suspect that may be more likely unless the watch was quite expensive when purchased. I speculate it is also possible the dial was refinished or replaced.

: Front just has Omega symbol and Omega underneath and at bottom
: swiss made.

Per the database, the watch "should" be a Deville model and have that on the face. But Omega made watches with many variations.

: Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hope this was helpful. Would love to see the photos -- look at the links on posting photos above list of posts on the index page.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE