The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Beat up Seamaster Bond

Greetings,

Hello everyone, i'm a proud (some say obsessed) 18 year old owner of an Omega Seamaster Professional, bond model. I would first like to say I love this watch, and i would take it over a Rolex submariner almost any day. I bought it used from a very decent dealer, Ed Lobel (maybe Loble) some 6 months ago over the Watchnet. He was very fair, honest, and an all around good man to do bussiness with, at least to my expeirence.

My Bond Seamaster has served me well, but it's taken it's share of nicks and scratches, I didn't by one of the most reliable watches on the market to baby it after all. But, it's lost it's luster, at least in my eye, though most people often assume it's brand new, to the loving parent, one wants his child to be perfect. I could sell it over the watchnet for $100 less than i paid,then buy one of those like new jobs for about $175 more but somehow i feel like such a trator to do that.

I understand that you can send your OMEGA back to the factor to get it refinished, and perhaps have the bezel replaced, and a new bracelet, but it was quite a strech to actualy aquire such an a timepeice on my budget, and i'm worried how much it will cost to get it back to like new status.

Has anyone had expeirence with Omega repairs or servicing? If i go in for it will they screw up my Bond watch more than they will help it? and also, is there another way, perhap less expensive to get back it's finnish? Also, how much does the Strap for the Seamaster cost? I'd apriciate any and all information you can give me.

Thank you

-David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE