The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: 1968 Seamaster Chrono
In Response To: Re: 1968 Seamaster Chrono ()

Good info and thanks, believe I'll post for sale on this affiliated site. Have no idea how to take back off for caliber and movement but wife can do pics of all else you mentioned. Pretty sure it's a caliber 564 as I bought it in 1968 and you pull the stem to quick change the date and all I've read says this is a 564. I at least know it's a day/date s/s Seamaster and says officially certified chronometer on face. After market band and third crystal but pics will show in good shape. I'm going to try a grand and see what happens.
Again, thanks for info. bob

: First, educate yourself about your watch. What is the basic
: data?

: Brand: Omega
: Collection: Seamaster
: Model/case number: engraved/stamped inside the case back
: Functions: ?? like chronograph, date, chronometer
: Movement -- open the watch and get the calibre number (3 digits)
: and movement (8 digits)

: With that basic data, find comparisons on Ebay and the
: various sales forums.

: Ebay -- only look at completed auctions which actually resulted in
: sales; the volume of transactions there is unequaled anywhere
: else
: Ignore retail sales websites -- the prices are overblown and often
: include inaccurate data
: Sales forums -- try to find completed sales; prices are marked up
: so they can be marked down.

: Remember, in the preowned market, a retailer will only offer
: to buy from you at a wholesale price -- but you can sell for
: retail on Ebay or a Sales Forum.

: The single most important selling point: good photographs that
: include all the needed information.
: Clear photos of the face, case back, crown, movement and inside of
: the case back.
: Watches with photos sell; watches without photos don't. Watches
: with good photos sell for more, often a lot more.
: Good descriptions, with details on the watch and why you are
: selling it also help.

: Good luck

Messages In This Thread

1968 Seamaster Chrono
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE