The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: New Speedy Pro LTD Ed 30th Ann!

Congratulations! A very nice watch indeed. No other watch to my knowledge can claim they are "the" official watch except Fortis. You've got the real thing there buddy. Other watch companies supposits that their watch is used by such and such but we all know Omega Speedmaster is "actual and not suppositions." First off, I'd try to contact Omega for the book at their site, explain to them how you got your watch. You can even write to them (Omega in Switzerland, not the one in PA...service there is shaky I heard) and give them a xerox of the invoice you received from SKW. This oughta get you a free copy of the book. Once you get the book, you'll cream in yourself. HA HA HA!!! Louis

: I'm the proud owner of a brand new Speedmaster Pro Limited
: Edition moonwatch. I thought I would share some comments
: with y'all: First off, I ordered the watch from SKW, who
: was both prompt and a pleasure to do business with. I would
: recommend contacting them first via e-mail then fax. But I
: did not have any problems whatsoever dealing with them.

: Second, I sized the bracelet myself. I have a "above
: average" mechanical ability, yet found it very
: challenging to size. It came out OK, and in part because I
: have sized other Omega bracelets in the past. Nevertheless,
: I can't agree more with the advice of others here that you
: seek a professional jeweler to get your bracelet sized.

: Third, the watch is extremely cool. The box blew me away--
: clearly one of the nicest I've seen and the best Omega box
: I've every seen.

: One down note is that I did not get the Moonwatch book from
: SKW. And so this leads to a question-- is Omega still
: supplying the book free of charge to Omega enthusiasts, or
: have then stopped doing so?

: Thanks & Cheers,

: Tom

Messages In This Thread

New Speedy Pro LTD Ed 30th Ann!
Re: New Speedy Pro LTD Ed 30th Ann!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE