The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Speedmaster 3510.50 - 45 jewels

: Why is this the cheapest speedmaster? Isn't more jewels
: better? Isn't this the first moonwatch?

This is the "Moon-like" Speedmaster automatic It is smaller than the Speedmaster professional "Moon Watch" The perpetual secons and chronometer minutes are inversed

The 3510.50 based on omega caliber 1140 power reserve of 42h, 45 jew. 28.800 alternaces per hour. Mouvement based on ETA 2890 and a chronometer module (you can see than the crown and the buttons for the chronometer are not in the same plane. 30m water resistant, choc protected an anti-magnetic balance. Nice mecanic, i have one and it works -1 s/day.

The 3570.50 is the historical Moon watch, based on a Lemania mouvment 21600 A/h, MANUAL Winding. 30 m water resistant, choc protected, magnetic protection (including inner carter or soft iron). It is a "real" chronometer and not a modular one. It is the one that passed all the NASA tests. I have one scince one month it works fine +5 s/day.

Ther are also Speedmasters automatics based on Valjoux mecanismes, non modular chronometers sub dials at 6, 9 and 12. Examples: Schumacher Speedmaster. All 28.800 A/h.

Ther is a lot of information about this watches is the forums around. You can also read information in the Speedmaster Professional Club (OSPOG see link in this web site). All the Speedmaster are nice and well donne, chose the one you like.

The automatic 3510.50 is nice one, i initially chosed insted of the professional because it was an automatic,less crown moving because automatic so better water resistance durability, more A/h (supposed better for accurancy), smaller size, less expensive, similar nice desing...

The problem was that...it was not THE Moon one. Finally i get the professional one, but i whil use the auto when going around water.

Best regards

In the back you can read "Flight-qualified by nasa for all manned space missions" and " the first watch worn on the moon"

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE