The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

New Seamaster Owner Discovers zOWIE

I recieved an Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 2551.8000 (Med/Bl/Bl/SS-SN# 60348XXX) from my wife on our Silver (25th) anniversary this week, and my research had reached the same dead ends described by David Zigler. Then I discovered his web page. Now, Almost all of my questions have been answered for the present!

I am very happy with the Seasmaster, which was selected instead of a Rolex Submariner. The watch was purchased from an authorized dealer locally, at list less 25% plus tax. My wife had intended to buy me the Rolex for many years, but my present tastes and needs had moved me to the Omega camp for various reasons, many of which were esoteric and cosmetic. Once I got the Seamaster with the limited information included, I was particularly interested in materials; number of jewells in the movement; serial number and location; material used on the night markers; as well as much of the other useful information found throughout the web page.

So far so good with mine. About +1 second a day, compared to the atomic clock.

My remaining questions deal more with future service and prices from Omega factory service. What is the price for a cleaning? What is the turn around time? Does the service include refurbishing the appearance of the watch? If not, what does that cost in addition to the cleaning?

Hopefully, it will be a long time before any of that service is needed by me, but it would be good to know for future reference.

Thank you for such a nice resource. I needed it!

Kind regards,

Tim Houser Knoxville, Tennessee

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE