The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Another option...
In Response To: Re: Another option... *NM* ()

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posting. If I purchased this from an authorized
dealer you would be right. However this was purchased from a gray market dealer. He told
me that once the watch has been worn that he would not take it back.

You see I really wanted the Omega-matic 200M with the black dial but, the dealer could not find one in the US with the papers and serial number intact. He told me about the silver dial and I figured it would be just as good.

The watch is really very attractive and I do like it however I feel it is kind of small on my wrist
compared to the Seamaster Professional watches. My good friend turned me to Omega watches when I saw his SMP Bond watch 3 years ago. It finally took all this time to get one and I blow it.

Tomorrow I will be going to an Authorized dealer to look at them in person and and decide whether
I want the SMP Black dial w/black bezel 2054.50 or with the new bracelet 2254.50 or the new
Blue dial w/ss bezel 2255.80 or 2055.80. Any thoughts on whether to get automatic or quartz?
And then I will go back to that gray market dealer and order it from him because he can get it for
with 40% off and have the papers and serial numbers intact.

Then I might post my other Omega on the TimeZone site? for sale and hope for the
best. Sorry that this is such a long and drawn out. I think your site is awesome and I wish I found it before I went out and bought my Omegamatic watch too soon. Starting to save for
the Coaxial watch.

Regards, Ben.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE