The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Speedmaster Push Button Question...

Dear Louis,

I am a speedmaster owner too. I live in Taiwan, a country of rather high humidity the whole year through. This is a place with more humidity than elsewhere in the world, sometime even reach 80%, and very hot in the summer times. I am highly sweaty in the summer times like most people here.

It is very often for me to use the push pieces too. So far, for more than 3 year, I found no problems with my watch. My personal experience, sweat and humidity are OK for it. I went to my dealer with this question, he said it is OK in a steamy room, but shower with high water pressure on the watch directly is not encouraged (swimming too), and make sure to dry the watch with a dry fabrics after showers. And the most important thing is, never use the push buttons while the watch is dipping in the water, this sure will damage your watch.

Hope this could help. If any one have different opinion, please tell me.

Best Regards, Alan Wang

Messages In This Thread

Speedmaster Push Button Question...
Re: Speedmaster Push Button Question...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE