The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: SMP Auto Accuracy
In Response To: SMP Auto Accuracy ()

: I finally gave in to temptation and bought
: myself a full-size, blue face, blue bezel,
: stainless steel Seamaster Professional
: Automatic Chronometer last week.

: I set it against an accurate time source
: (Ceefax time, for anyone who's interested
: and knows what Ceefax is) shortly after I
: bought it, and it lost two seconds within a
: 24 hours, but then seemed to stay static. I
: set it again over the weekend, and the exact
: same thing happened - within a six hours, it
: had lost two seconds, but then stayed static
: at +2.

: I'm not at all worried about this - I
: understand that it's a new watch and needs
: time to settle in, mechanical movements
: aren't going to be 100% accurate and, in any
: case, it's well within COSC tolerances.

: But, as my newest toy, I'm just kind of
: interested in it's behaviour, and I was
: curious as to whether anyone else had
: noticed similar behaviour with their
: Seamaster.

: I'm going to start keeping a record of it's
: accuracy twice a day, out of interest. Has
: anyone else done something similar?

: Background info - watch was wound when bought
: (had stopped in the display case) and was
: wound again over the weekend and is worn 24
: hours a day.

: Jack

The watches tend to run more accurate during the month of May, since they are reset after April, given the need to change the date. 30 days hath September, April, June,,,well u know the rest. I'm not a real stickler for ultra-accuracy but as Marisa Tomei said in "My Cousin Vinny", mine is "dead on balls accurate", within 10 seconds every 2 months. It was purchased just prior to last Christmas. I take it off for about 9 hours a day and leave it crown up. I love my SMP, my SMP loves me. Damn, I'm in a silly mood after racing motorcycles all weekend..yeeehawwww

Messages In This Thread

SMP Auto Accuracy
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE