The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

There's a NEW Omega BOOK available.

Hi Guys,

I was at Munich at the weekend, at a watch fair. I had a stand with a friend.

Opposite us were a couple of guys selling a NEW OMEGA BOOK. I went across checked it out & bought one. It turns out I "know" the author. I have bought from him in eBay.

So here are some details...

The Book is called "The Master of Omega" - Author : Alberto Isnardi.

It is not yet available in the shops ( or Amazon etc ) yet, Alberto had the 1st 50 examples at the show & was selling them in advance.

The book is a hardback, the pages larger than A4 ( or US Legal ). It covers ONLY the Speedmaster, flightmaster & Speedsonic models.

There are 367 pages. 260 pages have large pictures of various models, showing the front & rear of the watch.
For various models the movement, inside or the rear cover, box and/or papers are also shown.

There are also chapters/sections covering the following areas.

• An explanation of Case Ref Nos

• An explanation of the PIC codes

• An explanation of the pictograms used on Omega hang tabs

• Dimensions of the various watches/models

• Serial numbers from 1957 - 2006

• Pictoral explanation of the various tachymetre bezels & their differences over the years

• An explanation how to use the various different bezel types

• Dial markings over the years - Omega symbol & the words "Omega" & "Speedmaster", the "SWISS MADE" markings

• Pushers & crowns over the years

• Bracelets & Endpieces over the years - pictoral & table form

• Pictures of all the various movements used

• Casebacks over the years

• A tabular explanation of the ALL the different speedmaster models from 1957 - 2006

So, can anyone think of anything that's missing ? I can't.

I'll post some pics of the book contents later, but here's a small pic of Alberto ( Left ) & his friend Ivano ( Right ), with the book

& the book.

As I said at the beginning, the book is not (yet) really publicly available. HOWEVER, you can order a copy directly from Ivano via e-mail.

In order to reduce the amount of spam he gets, his E-mail address is shown here as a graphic.

The list price of the book is 178 Euros.

If you decide to buy a copy, it would be great if you could mention that you saw the Info here.

I will not post this Info anywhere else for a few days. So you guys have a head start !

All the Best & more pics later

Steve

Messages In This Thread

There's a NEW Omega BOOK available.
Re: There's a NEW Omega BOOK available.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE