The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

There's a new Omega Book on the market & it's good

Hi Guys,

In November I got an E-mail pointing me towards this new Omega Book.

here's some info... ( Cut & Pasted from the E-mail that I got )

OMEGA WATCHES

John Goldberger
ISBN: 88-89431-27-X

Title: OMEGA WATCHES
Author: John Goldberger
Preface: Giampiero Negretti
Pages: 256
Trim-size: 21 x 29 cm.
Binding: Hardback
Language: English
Release: November 2005
Series: Collectors

I have just checked & it is listed in Amazon ( I searched on the Authors name ) Amazon.co.uk lists it with 272 pages & Amazon.com lists it as available from March 2006

Comparing the prices, Amazon.com has quite a large discount.

please bear in mind, I have no connection with the printer/author

for further details visit

www.damianieditore.com

And here's the link to the discounted Amazon.com page.

Amazon.com - New Omega book

The not so discounted Amazon.co.uk - New Omega Book

I Live in Europe & it's cheaper for me to order it from the US at this price than buy it in the UK & have it shipped to my brother in the UK !

it's 84 Euros in Amazon Germany.. so buy it from America !

I actually saw the book in Munich at the weekend. It was offered to stall owners at the watch show, for 80 Euros.

I flicked through it. every page has a LARGE picture of a watch & a brief description. including date of manufacture & movement number.

The range of watches shown is amazing from packet watches to Chronographs, to dress watches ( form the 30's onwards ) to current watches... an amazing selection.

There doesn't appear to be much written info in there, just LOTS of amazing pics. I have already ordered a copy.

Xmas is coming, maybe a quick hint to your wife / girlfriend ?

Finally, the author is listed as being John Goldberger, an Omega collector for the last 25 years. Firstly he doesn't look much older than 35 ( who can buy an Omega when they are 10 years old ? ) & even though there is a heavily disguised picture of him inside the book, he looks amazingly like Mike Kobold. Remember where you read that !

Steve

Messages In This Thread

There's a new Omega Book on the market & it's good
Thanks for sharing steve
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE