The OMEGA Railmaster (Co-Axial)
Ref: 2803.52.37, introduced 2003
Rogues Gallery of Speedmaster and Dynamic Fakes
Rogues Gallery: Intro & Generic Omegas
Rogues Gallery: Seamaster
Rogues Gallery: DeVille & Constellation
Watches: Counterfeits and Fakes
Speedmaster: Schumacher Sees a Caution Flag
1) Should say AUTOMATIC, not CHRONOMETER.
Speedmasters not labeled with depth rating. Omega logo incorrectly reproduced. Dots on either side of 12 o'clock marker should be white, not black.
2) Base of hands are incorrect -- minute and hour hands should match dial color at base, second hand should have a circular hub.
3) Simple imitations of the elaborate 5-section Speedmaster bracelet links.
4) This model should have month/day/date on upper dial -- not in traditional date window. Missing split-second chronograph hand.
Should say AUTOMATIC, not PROFESSIONAL.
5) Date marks around the dial like on models which use a hand to indicate the date -- but the hand is missing and the date is actually displayed in a date window instead.
Speedmaster: Houston, We Have A Problem
1) Commemorative Speedmaster Moonwatch with the specially engraved back--so why does it say SEAMASTER?
2) The date track is reversed, going counterclockwise! Omega symbol oversized, so it does not fit elegantly in space available.
3) Supposedly a Speedmaster Professional Chronograph, yet two of the three subdials only display the day of week and day of month.
4) Moonwatch, near perfect except for base of hands and wrong shape markers at 3, 6 and 9.
2 & 5) Even the Speedmaster Missions series has been counterfeited.
Dynamic: This Chronograph Doesn't Count
1) Replica of the 1998-2000 series Omega Dynamic Chronograph. But appears to completely lack any
chronograph functions. The subdials are not chronograph dials, so the chronograph buttons likely do nothing.
2) Left subdial should be the 30 minute totalizer for the chronograph, not a day of week indicator.
Second hand should have an arrow shaped tail. Subdial hand should not have a tail.
3) Right subdial should be the normal seconds hand, not a day of month indicator.
4) Crown is not correct. Slots in case back for opener tool are wider than they should be.