The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Tudor Submariner 7928 1965 chapter ring with 7206/80

Hello dear collectors,

up for sale this cool example of Tudor Submariner 7928 with is original bracelet, box and cigarette paper. I bought this beautiful watch few km near Vicenza, in Italy.
The man who sold me the watch said that it remained in a safe deposit for circa 20 years. I'm sad to let this one go but I want to buy another watch :)
I try to list all the details/infos:

Dial/hands:

the dial has no scratches or signs. It shows a lot of patina. At the sun you can see that is becoming brown. It is a gilt chapter ring dial. The chapter ring and T swiss made T are golden, the other writings are silver as usual on the Tudor Submariner from that era.
The indexes are original tritium and not replaced or touched.
The hands are original also. Original tritium in the same color of the indexes. They show some oxidation on the metal parts. Note that I take pictures under the UV lamp. After some seconds the lume glowing fade quickly.

Case/crown/glass:
the case is sharp. It has been polished but it has lot of steel on it. The crown guards are lightly polished as you can see. They still maintain their original shape. The lugs are strong. It has some signs of wear but, boy, it's a 1965 watch :)
The SN signed between the lugs is clearly legible. Also the ref. number.
The caseback has the correct writings "ORIGINAL OYSTER CASE BY ROLEX GENEVA". You can perfectly see inside the inscription "MONTRES TUDOR SA GENEVA SWITZERLAND PATENTED STAINLESS STEEL 7928 III 65".
The crown is the original twinlock without the dots under the Rolex sign.
The plexyglass is the original Tropic T19 in very good conditions without scratches.

Bezel:
Correct Long 5 insert in very very good conditions. Also the bezel is original. The pipe was changed but it is also tritium.
The bezel turns left and right smoothly. No significant scratches or signs.

Movement:
caliber 390 with all correct parts. The rotor is original. It turns smoothly but lightly bumps in the case. The watch keeps perfect time. I used it lot of times and is constantly running good. A service is welcome.
The movement is in great working and aestetical conditions.

Bracelet:
original riveted no stretch 7206 with end links nr. 80. Nr. of links 11. Clasp inscription: 3 - 66. The bracelet is in good condition. The clasp in closing perfectly. All the inscription are readable. Normal signs of use. The End links fit almost perfectly the case and full the space between the lugs.

Accessories:
it comes with his original Rolex box 67.00.3 " Creation Geneve Rolex" in good conditions. It has the inner part for the watch and closes perfectly. You can find also the original "cigarette paper" wrote in italian with the stamp of the old official AD Rolex in Vicenza. The old good times :)

For any question please don't hesitate to contact me.
My price is 12500€ for the watch, bracelet, box and cigarette paper.
Payment preferred: bank transfer, tranferwise, paypal.
I will ship with express courier and an external shipment insurance for safety reasons.
Will include worlwide shipping and insurance in the price.
All the pictures are unfiltered.
The watch is near Milan, Italy.
Please see my IG: cuttysarkwatches :)
cuttysarkwatches@outlook.it
Thank you
Nico.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE