The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fantastic Watch (& Bracelet)
In Response To: New to me 510.523 ()

Hi

Welcome to the forum! That is just a fantastic watch. I don’t really understand why it is not more appreciated as for me it is just such a classic 1980s watch, and such an elegant and purposeful design.

The analogy I sometimes give is that if the Carrera 2447 is an original Porsche 911 then the 510.523 Carrera is the 928. Yeah, its not the origin of the species but you have to appreciate the beauty and boldness of the design, and it’s place in the era. Similar vibe in my mind between the 510.523 and the 928.

Beyond the coolness of the watch itself, the bracelet you have is by far the nicest bracelet for this watch, and it is super rare. Having said that, the Jubilee bracelet for this watch - pictured in the catalog is also rare and also nice, I admit...

Enjoy!

... and now time to look for the black PVD version of this watch which is excellent

Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE