The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Good Outweighs the Bad

I think I'd be expecting for something somehow better considering the fanfare and the collaboration of these two brands for which one can fairly spend the word 'iconic'.
Immediately after the presentation I felt underwhelmed, but then letting it sink for a couple of days I see it in a different light.
I agree with what many have already said here: more could be expected, a more striking design, less resemblance to umpteenth other TH models already on the market, some exclusive features that go beyond the proprietary Porsche font (!).
Yet it does look good overall, it sports a fabulous movement and has a wonderful symmetric dial, much less cluttered than the 2014 Monaco GP ltd edition. Of course the Heuer02 movement brings in the compax dial, another major plus for many including myself. And the price, compared to other similar chronographs on the market that mostly are not LEs, is right where it should be.
On the whole I think we vintage Heuer fans are a difficult crowd to please, but this could do well with the Porsche fans and the TH newer enthusiasts.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE