The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Regarding Flippers / Premium -- Only Time Will Tell

Interesting to see three of them listed on eBay already, with either the Buy It Now at $10,000 or $10,000 to open.

With sales tax (applicable in most states), the cost of the watch ended up being around $8,000. So to list on eBay with the $10,000 BuyItNow (or best offer) is not a big win for the flippers. And then there are the eBay fees.

Better question is where the price will be in a couple of years; closer to the premium on the Hodinkee Skipper LE or closer to this $8,000 cost?

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: spot on Jeff.
: so many of these will be resold as soon as they're delivered.
: after that they'll likely be stashed away and never see the sun
: again.
: in my view it creates bad feeling in the same way people are about
: Rolex with their restricted availability.
: just makes it all about money in the end which sours it for me.
: it's a cracking watch and I don't think the price was too
: unrealistic, but now they've done this limited edition nonsense,
: we'll probably never see another re-issue of this version, which
: is a shame as it could've done really well as part of the
: heritage range.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE