The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Accuracy

Hi, this may seem a stupid question, i have just purchased a Heuer 1153s and it is loosing around 90 secs per day which is more than i had hoped for. [being worn 16 hours on wrist then face up on table at night for @8 hours] and so i am considering getting it looked at. the previous seller says he had it serviced 3 months ago, all functions work and it is in good condition generally.

Can you guys offer me your collective wisdom on servicing / adjusting the watch , am i likely to get an improvement in accuracy or would i be wasting my time and money. Can you get replacement main springs, etc. if it is that causing the problem or is that unrealistic given the age of the watch [1972] i am located in the Nottingham, England.

Many thanks in anticipation of your helpfull comments.

Cheers

Ade.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE