The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Jo Siffert Lotus 49b 1968 commemoration - 1553s *PIC*

Hi all, Having recently purchased a Heuer 1553s comemorative watch in honour of Jo Siffert Lotus 49b 1968 [i am assuming for the victory at brands hatch british F1 grand prix.] I wondered if people had come across this before and if anyone had ideas about numbers produced.

From the little i know the 1553 were only produced over a 2 year period, and so relatively small volumes made does anyone know of the kind of production volumes they were made for the 1533s and also specifically for this commemorative model, with molded case back see photo link below] could it be a very limited run say 100- 500 units or significant production like 5000 units?

It would be very interesting to find out if anyone else has seen this or has one or knows about production volumes, or anything else related to this particular model.

Thanks

Ade.

Messages In This Thread

Jo Siffert Lotus 49b 1968 commemoration - 1553s *PIC*
Jo Siffert Lotus 49b 1968 / Carrera Ref 1553 S
Re: Jo Siffert Lotus 49b 1968 / Carrera Ref 1553 S
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE