The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer 3H "bund" legit back case.

Hi, yes I've seen a number of examples with 'BUND' before, or 'B.W.' as you say, so I don't see it as an issue. Here are a couple-
https://bulangandsons.com/products/heuer-bundeswehr-3h-flyback-military-chronograph
https://www.uhren-muser.de/en/53356/heuer-leonidas-bundeswehr-a-large-vintage-military-flyback-chronograph-of-the-german-air-force-bunde#&gid=null&pid=3

but I've no doubt more examples could be found quite easily. 'Bund' is also commonly used as an abbreviation of 'Bundeswehr' (the 1550 is often referred to as the 'Heuer Bund') so no problem there.

Of course I'm only answering your direct question and can't vouch for any other aspects of the watch!
Thanks, Steve

: Hi
: I've been offered a nice looking example of a Heuer 3h Bundeswehr
: 1550 SG

: I don't want to upload photos because the watch is not mine and I
: have not asked permission for it, but as far as I know and can
: figure out everything looks correct... but one thing.

: The back case has engraved the following:

: BUND
: 6645-12-146-3774

: Number looks ok, seen a few with same.

: But can't find any with just BUND. Most of them has Bundeswehr and
: some B.W.

: It is strange to me because although my German is poor I think
: "Bund" would be a short for Bundes and/or a later
: nickname for the watch, but I don't know if is was some time
: officially engraved in a model.

: Can you help. Any of you seen a just "Bund" engraving
: before? Don't want to take any chances, since the price, as you
: can imagine, is not low.

: Thanks to anyone in advance.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE