The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nonsense Jeff!

Chuck:

Thanks for the excellent quality scans -- yes, we know and appreciate that this must take hours standing at the scanner -- and the great looking HTML / design / display / navigation.

Nonsense, Jeff! I'm nearly always sitting when I'm scanning in stuff. Unless I need to press the orginal to the glass of the scanner that is. Since I own two iBook laptop's in addition to my desktop iMac, I can scan from any of the three (even at the same time) and use any of the others to do HTML / Scan / Surf / etc. It also doesn't really take all that long to massage the HTML / Design / Display / Navigation either... Because, I've got an angle!!! I cheat! I recycle most of my HTML over and over and over again...

So for example, This document started out this morning as the source of the Omega c.1045 Service manual (that I posted a notice of earlier this morning), I used it for the basis of the Heuer Data Card's document (changed the colors to match the card, deleted the extra pages (which numbered 16 in the Service Manual), I had uploaded the graphics last week so it was just a matter of changing where the graphics and links were pointing.

So once that document was completed, (and note that there were 6 (six) cards), I simply did the same thing for this 6 (six) panel catalog, it's a flyer really... Changed the colors, added the diagram mapping out how the flyer looks, etc. That document became the basis of the Die Quartz Chronographen catalog I just added... That one went up really fast because I did a global find and change! One of these last two documents will become the jumping off point for the last one I'm going to do today... Les Chronographe Quartz (I think that's how the French Version is spelt)... That will complete my HTML day. After that... I go back to work on Omega Service Manuals, at least until I finish up the c.320 and c.321, when I'll switch back to Heuer work...

So basically I do all the heavy HTML work once, then I just modify my existing code to fit my current goal. Not to difficult when you've posted as much HTML as I have over the years.

After a vacation, I will get back to the task of adding some these items to catalog section of OnTheDash.

No hurry, but I figured I'd mention that I had finally got the HTML Stitched together for these...

Thanks again for the scanning, hosting and posting!!

Absolutely no problem Jeff! You're welcome, and Thank You and Derek for providing us a place to indulge in converstation on these timepieces that captivate us!

Jeff

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE