The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Many large snapshots from the movie LeMans...

Screen Snapshots from the movie LeMans...

As most of you all know, I'm a huge fan of the Steve McQueen Movie "LeMans". Today, I had cause to run the same program we on the Mac Side of things use to do screen captures from DVD's... So I happened to have LeMan's close, and, well... Here are some screen snaps:

Perhaps the first picture is one of the more interesting one's as in this scene, Michael Dulaney (Steve McQueen) visits the location at LeMan's where last year's race ended for him. Note that McQueen is most assuredly not wearing a Monaco in this picture as the Monaco's case has a very distinctive shape, and this watch doesn't...

Here McQueen enter's the pits, and prepares to walk onto the pit road portion of the track. Here the Monaco is clearly seen peaking around the Fuel hose.

This and the next two shots show McQueen prep-ing his Nomex.

Finally McQueen walks down to where his 917k is on the starting grid...

Past Lugo Bratte who appears to be wearing....

A Joe Siffert Autavia Automatic.... (also in the next snap...)

Ê

Fellow Gulf-Porsche 917k Driver Larry Wilson seems to be wearing a Black Dial watch of some sort...

While Dulaney's arch-rival Erich Stahler seems to be wearing a very unusual Red Dialed Black Sub-Dialed two-register chronograph of a type I've never seen!

As I have time to take more Snaps, I will... Tomorrow I'll try to find some answers for Gail...

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE