The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What do you think of this?

: Hi,

: Could someone please comment on the authenticy
: of this watch?

I do have an opinion about this watch, but first I would like to qualify my statement. I have viewed many Heuer Chronograph on the Internet (eBay, websites and watch seller pages) plus the Heuer catalogs (I have a friend who was the purchasing agent for Zale's and Lorche's Jewlery Stores, for a combined 20 years plus he owned 3 Jewlery stores in Nashville, Tennessee) and he owns most all the Heuer catalogs from 1950's to the 1980's. I also have possible 2000 pictures of differnt Heuer in my picture collection. I have only seen one of these before and it was on eBay. I didn't bid on it as I felt that it was a fake. I base my opinion on the numerous Heuer Chronograph that I have seen and know to be genuine, correct and original. This is only the second one I have viewed (it could be the same one). Based on all the catalogs I have looked at and the photos on the web it is my opinion that it is a fake. As always I stand to be correct and will take no offense if I am proved wrong. I hope this has answered your question without causing major harm or disappointment. Charles.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE