The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not Sure / Stay Tuned to Hear from Others
In Response To: HEUER FAKE ??? ()

First of all, thanks for the excellent message that you posted. You ask how the fakes can be detected and the buyers protected -- this Discussion Forum can serve both those purposes very well.

Here are a couple of quick reactions, and I hope that there will be more information coming from our readers in the next few days:

• I have never seen this exact chronograph offered, but this one is relatively "early" and somewhat outside the range of my main interest, so I may have missed it or not remember it;
  • there are some models that were offered in Europe, but not here in the United States, so that may also explain why it does not look familiar
  • you might want to check through the catalogs that we have posted to see whether this case or dial appears
  • the seller has excellent feedback and sells many Heuers
  • his failure to respond would leave me concerned
  • this style case is different from the usual reproductions, but apparently there are lots of people making lots of cases

I hope that others will be able to provide additional information.

Thanks again for posting this question.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi HEUER-LOVERS

: My first post and subject:something obscure.

:
: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2649354430

: I'm keen on knowing if you agree that this is a
: fake. I know the source of the unengraved
: case and have an identic case ( not engraved
: ) bought from the source.
: The engravings are strange and have a poor
: quality.
: What could we do against these HEUER fakers...?
: I explained my doubts to the seller... but no
: response... If ebay gets informed, they will
: do nothing. Since the guy lives in the same
: country like i'm.....
: Just can't stand that HEUER gets a bad
: reputation
: and second, that unexperienced buyers are
: getting ripped off....

: So, please open your eyes and look at your
: books to tell
: me im right or wrong!!!

: Thanks in advance
: flazl

: Best regards
: flazl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE