The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
TAG-Heuer / Pro-Time

My experience has been that Pro Time (actually part of TAG-Heuer, which is part of LVMH) is the "gold standard" of service. They have best supply of parts; they have best factory-trained watchmakers; they stand behind their service; and, yes, they charge for what they do!!

It's hard for me to imagine that any other watchmaker would be able to handle a repair if TAG-Heuer says that it can't be done.

It would be great if people would use this Discussion Forum to recommend other qualified watchmakers / repair facilities, but at the moment, I do not know of any to recommend. The magic is often in having the parts on hand.

Let us know what happens.

Jeff Stein
Atlanta, Georgia

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi
: I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for
: such advice, but here goes...

: I have a Mid 1980's TAG Heuer Professional
: divers watch with an automatic movement
: which needs both servicing and repair. The
: screw down crown no longer screws down and
: the automatic winding mechanism no longer
: functions. TAG's east coast service center
: is called Pro Time Service, and is located
: in Springfield NJ. Has anyone had any
: experience with this service center? I asked
: around at local repair shop, but I was told
: that the TAG parts I needed could not be
: ordered. Please let me know what you think
: of Pro Time.
: Thanks very much.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE