The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great Story / Photos from Bradley Gray

following story and photos are from Bradley Gray.

Thanks for this very intersting piece of Heuer / racing history.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

Here is an interesting part of Heuer history......

I have some cool pictures that might be of interest to the chat forum . . .

This is the latest addition to my collection of Heuers. It was given to race car driver Tony Adamowicz at the 1968 SCCA annual awards banquet in Denver. Tony had won the SCCA 2.5 Trans Am Championship that year, and he was the SCCA Trans Am "Driver of the Year" Tony was surprised that he got that honor, since Mark Donohue had won the over 2.5 championship in a Camaro. Tony's championship was the first major championship for a Porsche 911. He won 6 of the 12 races held that year.

It still needs an original crown and a Heuer strap. I just haven't gotten there yet....

Chilton's Motor/Age magazine sponsored the "Driver of the Year" award.

After winning the Trans Am championship, Tony went on to become the 1969 Formula 5000 champion, and he was a factory Ferrari and Porsche driver through the '70s. He raced at LeMans on numerous occasions, and was acquainted with Steve McQueen. Tony won the 24 hours of Daytona in 1978 driving a Ferrari Daytona!

Enjoy!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE