The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Four Bolts for $2,500 ? ? ?
In Response To: Four Bolts for $2,500 ? ? ? ()

Aww, Jeff. Now that's not fair. The set of bolts are just an inducement for the BIN, not a $2500 price tag for the bolts. I have no idea what this triple will ultimately sell for, but there have been a number of BIN offers since the first bid and more watchers than I've ever had on an auction. Whether that translates into anything I don't know, but would it have been better to have a BIN without any incentive? Hey, it only cost a dime to include the BIN price, so does it hurt to throw it in? I can't afford to buy good pieces from David if I can't sell the stuff I'm not keeping. And now that Chuck is going to do the 5-4-5, I need fresh capital. So there's no reason to get on my case. I'm trying to be a value added seller.

Scott

:
: here's an ebay auction for a triple set of
: Heuer dashboard watches. $5,000 to open;
: $7,500 for BuyItNow. Seller confirms that
: for the extra $2,500 on the BuyItNow, he
: will provide four of the original mounting
: bolts.

: With all due respect to the value of these
: original bolts, can someone please direct me
: to the nearest Home Depot?

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE