The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Plus One on Loving These Kinds of Messages

Yes, we all know that Instagram and Facebook are killing the traditional discussion forums -- and the spammers are not helping much, either -- but this is the sort of question that used to be the stock in trade of this forum, and so many other ones.

And yes, again, these postings remain searchable and are used all the time, when people are researching these detailed, "nerdy" questions.

I wish I had some dials and serial numbers to share, but I can't think of any, at the moment.

But thanks for this posting . . . worthwhile to keep the old discussion forum going, for postings like this (and for the sake of preserving the 100,000 previous postings over the last 16 years).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: It’s so great to see a forum post like this. In the “olden
: days” of the forum, there were extensive community research
: projects about vintage Heuer variations and evolution. It really
: was a communal effort, with different people contributing to
: extending the knowledge base of Heuer watches.

: After the rise of Instagram this serious, community based analysis
: has largely disappeared, so it is great to see your post.

: I’ll do some checking of my watches and come back; I think it is
: a useful part of the debate if it happens on a searchable forum,
: but maybe I am an old fashioned guy in that opinion.

: Thanks again for your post
: Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE