The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Have a good trip! Interesting Conversation!

Wow very nice sites. I love the fantasitc photos of the Movements!!!!!!!!

Figured you might. The site's author is the fellow who took the movement snap for my Omega Olympic. I have yet to get mine open, but he had a picture.

You may of heard me ask this before of folks.

Back in the change over heuer used a date only 5100s with the min marker not as jet like.

I know that Pre-TAG, Heuer made them both ways. After TAG-there wasn't enough room for the new logo and the Day on the dial so they only made Day 5100's...

This modle 5100 is a 3 hertz slower beat than the 28,800s But I have never seen any note of this. I have one in a S.S. case and have worked on 1 other years ago in warrinty.

27,997 bph? This is the first I've ever heard of this...

Any of you guys see that second hand moveing alittle more jerky than your others?

I haven't noticed anything like that, but I'll keep an eye out for such behaviour.

Any watch guys know and or can ask your conections about this. Its maddening because know body has ever noticed or seen this in print.

Perhaps it was a one time or odd coincidence?

But thay made a slow beet for sure.

While that's possible, this is the first I've heard of it.

I will shot of an email to the 5100 site guy, he seems to have worked on a lot of these.

He's a good guy. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you.

To clear up a little I was on web TV before I got this used computer and found this site. My wife tells me more like 98-99-00 thats when we talked about. ( I remeber some things) the Olimpic timer Omega made for 68 That won all the awards. Thats How I new you had it when I asked you some time ago to post your movment photo on this site for the crew as I am un able to. ( Thats a Timer 36,600)and what a crystal on those!

Actually, the fellow who did the movement shot of the Omega Olympic for me did the site with all of the 5100 (and other) movement snaps.

What happened to my head was a little stroke it seemed to efect my speach as much as my spelling and writing. Sorry I guess I just dont like saying it. My wife said after reading this last post that people can think up much worse thing about the mind so thats all it is. But Liked your joke. I am going to use it at the next doctors meeting!!!!

Suggestion... You might want to run your text through a spell/grammar checker before posting. I don't do the spell checker thing often enough, but it does help when you do. Of course I prepare most of my posts in a HTML editor not in the web form, which makes checking the spelling very easy (when I do it)... Perhaps if you have MS Word installed, run your text through it before posting. It might be helpful. Just a thought.

5100 my fav. the 1340s and V.J. 7750s can be regulated better, even though the 5100 has a better regulater. I have found that all my 5100s have position changes that move around as much as 4 sec in 24 hours drives me crazy!!! 1340, 7750 for the most part I can bring into under a sec in 24Hs.

Not that I watch it that closely, but my 5100's have typically been pretty accurate. But I like the 7750 and 134x's as well, just not as much as the 5100. I also like El-Primero's and various manual winds.

Oh well we are off to the historics and the Pebble beach thrusday drive and weekend.

Cool beans! Enjoy!

Take Care Crew

You too!

I bet some of you may be there

If you see My 54 Sprint at the events Please say Hi.

And Chuck thanks again for all the info and help!!!

I won't be there, but I'm happy to have served a useful purpose here!

peter

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE